Carpet cleaning is a great household chore. It is really not simply vacuuming and getting rid of soil that's stuck within the carpet fibers. When the dust is not easy to eradicate, you need to seek the assistance of a professional carpet cleaner especially if you have wall to wall carpeting which takes hours to do alone. However, for those who have chosen to perform the cleaning on your own, we are glad to offer you seven wise tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by preparing ahead. Set up your rug washing materials in one pail and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read thoroughly the directions on the carpet cleaning products first before utilizing them. Always adhere to package instructions to ensure safety.
3. Remove most of the home furniture and anything that obstructs the rug surface. Let loved ones leave the room when you clean the rug.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of dirt that is caught on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you are using liquid carpet cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the area. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Rug stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spills are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional rug cleaner in Federal Way, WA especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional rug cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable rug cleaner in Federal Way, WA. Call Danny Thomas ProClean now and let them help you.